Thursday, November 11, 2010

First Officer's Log No 21: Random Act

This past week, a most unexpected thing occurred. A bit of a brief statement, but here it is: a few months back I had a long conversation with a customer about history and the interest I had in particular aspects. We had a great time talking, he bought several books, and I had a good feeling he would definitely return. On Wednesday, he did return, and he brought me a book.

It's one of the most unexpected things I've had happen. He showed up, told me that he had finished the book and wanted my opinion on it, and so gave it to me to read. Needless to say, I was quite surprised, in fact, I am still. It's such an out of the blue thing to happen, and on a topic that I'm genuinely interested in, so for him to do this was... well. I don't really know what to say to it, expect thank you.

To you customers who come in, visit us, shop with us, play with our cats, joke with us, talk with us, tell us stories, and have fun in our place of business, to you, I want to say 'thank you.' I feel, perhaps that I do not say it enough, but thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment